Professional packing services are offered by most shipping and parcel companies. There are many advantages to allowing experts to do the packing for you. But you should be ready to shoulder the main disadvantage of the service: it could require hefty additional fees. Thus, for house removals, it would still be advisable to do the packing yourself. This means you have to start sorting and packing the things you would bring as early as a few weeks before the actual relocation.
It could be a bit worrisome on your part especially if you do not like to ruin or damage any item. However, if you would use your common sense and if you would impose care in packing, you definitely could do it like professionals do. Here are several packing tips that you should observe when trying to do the tedious task on your own. It could be a fun and leisurely activity if you would remain positive.
• Start a few weeks in advance prior to the moving date so you would not get pressured in doing the last-minute packing rush. You could observe more cautiousness in doing so.
• Buy specialized boxes for the task. The house removals company could also offer such cartons at discounted prices especially if there are specific sizes required.
• Observe extra cautiousness when using fruit cartons and plastic bags as those may easily succumb or burst when being moved.
• Prepare wrapping paper for packing small items, packaging tape for sealing all boxes, and marker pens for properly labeling categories of items in large boxes.
• Sort and categorize items. Make sure every box contains like or similar items for organization.
• Check your moving plans and the initial layout of your new place. On every box, put a label as to where it should proceed. For example, mark bedroom items as ‘bedroom 1,’ and kitchen utensils as ‘kitchen.’
• Do not pack perishable items as they may rot before being delivered to your new address.
• Make sure lids of all bottles and jars are tightened and secured. You may use a tape to do so to make sure no liquid spills during the process.
• Observe extra care when packing valuables in particular. Take note that the insurance applied to house removals may not include and cover damages to such items.
• Lastly, check everything a day or two before the moving date to make sure you are not missing any item.
Contact us for a free quotation for your international relocation on the details below and one of our team will contact you with a free no obligation quotation.