CONTACT US   08000 556 331
Get a quick quote now   
CONTACT US   08000 556 331
Get a quick quote now   

Shipping Pets Abroad


Moving pets abroad
When looking to relocate abroad, many people also look into taking their beloved pets with them.   Many of our clients are concerned about how their pets will travel and what documentation is needed. 
Animals travel by air and most UK airports are able to offer a service for flying pets.  Upon enquiring with us, we will need to know the breed of animal, the weight and also measurements from end of nose to tip of tail, width and height. 

Animals will fly in specially made containers, these containers will be large enough so as the animal can stand up and turn around in comfort.  Pets travel in the animal hold at a maintained temperature so as the animal is comfortable and can sleep easily. 

Pets are not fed before flying, so as to avoid soiling, but are given plenty of water.  We strongly advise that animals are not sedated before flying as some airlines will refuse to fly sedated animals.
When moving animals to EU countries the following requirements are necessary:

  • Identification in the form of microchip
  • European Passport from vet
  • Rabies Vaccination (this needs to be given at least 21 days before flying)
  • Vaccination records fully up to date
  • Completion of fitness to fly form by vet

When travelling to Australia it is required that cats and dogs are shipped as manifest cargo and not excess baggage.   There are only 3 quarantine kennels in Australia located in Perth, Melbourne and Sydney, therefore animals need to enter Australia through one of these airports.  Cats and dogs will need to spend 30 days in quarantine, which needs to be booked in advance.  Documents also required are:

  • Import permit from Australian Quarantine Services (one application for each animal)
  • An official health certificate, this needs to be applied for from DEFRA
  • Full up to date vaccination certificates
  • Blood test results valid for 30 days
  • Animals will also need to be treated for fleas and ticks by a reputable brand such as frontline.
  • A clearance of notified diseases certificate (EC618 or 618NDC) from DEFRA
  • Written declarations to support the health certificate. (The full set needs to be obtained from your local animal health divisional office).

All countries have their own rules and regulations regarding importing pets and we at Movecorp will gladly provide information on other countries upon request.  We would also advise you go to the DEFRA website regarding moving pets abroad.


Pet Shipping Guide Quotes and Costs

Dog Shipping | Free Quote | Cats | Pet Shipping | Airpets | Pets Abroad | Air Freight
Australia – New Zealand – Spain – USA – France – Italy – Canada

Quick Quote

Related News

Call us today on 020 7127 4597 for your free estimate