Free Phone 08000 556 331
Outside UK +44 (0) 1922-450-040
- about us
- staff relocation
- uk moves
- eu moves
- intl moves
- contact us
Moving Shipping to Melbourne Australia
Contact the EXPERTS
Collection town (uk)
Brief description of goods to be moved
Cost of Moving Shipping to
So you have finally made up your mind that you will be moving to Melbourne, Australia? Then, it is time for you to face the next challenge. That is, to deal with the stuff that you need to move with you.
After settling all other primary details of your move, the next thing to think of is how you can make your life comfortable. Of course, you would need to find a place to stay, whether you are moving on your own or with your entire family. This is actually a major consideration when picking the items that you would want to transfer with you and determining those which you could leave behind.
Click here for a free shipping to Australia Quote
Shipping to Australia Services offered:
- Removals Boxes Only Service
- Free Storage for Upto one month.
- Part Load moves (Not a full removals vehicle)
- Dedicated Removals Vehicle – Various Sizes
- Packing Service
Click here for a free Moving Quote
Here are some tips on how you can make packing and shipping much easier. With proper planning and strategy, you could also reduce the amount of money that you need to spend.
1. Determine the Amount of Items You Will Bring—Before you even start finding a shipping company in the UK or buying the containers, do a pre-selection of the things that you want to ship to Melbourne. Prioritize the items that you would not want to buy after the move and those that you can not find a replacement for. People usually tend to pack more than what they need, so be careful to keep it to bare minimum.
2. Minimize Furniture Size—It is okay to ship furniture to Melbourne Australia. However, if you want to reduce costs and be able to pack all the stuff that you need, think of ways on how to scale down furniture size. For example, if you want to bring a cabinet with you, check out if this can be collapsed and rebuilt after shipping by simply working on the bolts and screws.
3. Decide Whether You Need a Box or Container—For small items and personal stuff, opting for a box would be a good choice. This could only cost about ₤99. It should be enough for your clothes, memorable items and other day to day needs. On the other hand, if you intend to include some bulky furniture and other home accessories, you can opt for a full container so everything remains intact. This should cost about ₤2,500 to ₤3,500 but it is all worth it since you can practically pack the entire house with you. A lot of shipping companies also offer professional packaging and export wrapping to ensure that all items remain undamaged.
4. Find Help—Packing can be a tedious process. Just think of how many items you need to cover with bubble wrap, how much time you should spend on taping and sealing plus other concerns. To ease the process, you might want to seek some help so you can get the job done in no time. You would definitely want some help wrapping and packing when moving to USA or other international destinations.
5. Pack Tightly—The secret of efficient packing is in maximizing the available space, whether you are using a box or container. Be a little strategic when placing items and make sure that there are no hollow spots. That way, you can pack more items. This will also keep your things safe from breakage which can be caused by shaking and tumbling inside the box during shipping.
Moving Shipping to Melbourne Australia Costs – Cost of Moving Melbourne Australia